What Gatsby?

2:01 PM

sunglasses - H&M, sweatshirt - G4tsby Tees, jeans - zara, shoes - converse

So we finally saw The Great Gatsby this past weekend. The book shot up to my top three favorites of all time the first time I read it in high school - I was bewitched. I've seen all the adaptations and they all bored me to death. Some may say The Great Gatsby should never be brought to the big screen. I say never say never. I loved Baz Luhrmann's Romeo & Juliet and I knew he would do something equally brilliant with this book. 
And he did not disappoint. I laughed, I cried and I was completely swept away with the story just as I was the first time I read it. To me A. O. Scott said it best when he said:
"As a character in Nick’s ruminations, in Fitzgerald’s sentences and in our national mythology, [Gatsby] is a complete mess. This movie is worthy of him."
I can't wait to go see it again!!

**This vintage barber shop was next to a Starbucks where we went for a little coffee date and there was the strangest little man in there that kept staring at us. My equally strange faces are a result of me trying to look normal in a very abnormal situation... 

You Might Also Like

4 notes

  1. hahaha - taking outfit pictures is always a little strange on multiple ends. love the sweatshirt - still must go see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely have to go see it!! It's brilliant!

      Delete
  2. I love that sweatshirt, how fun!

    Having actually only read the book for the first time a couple weeks ago, I'm really excited for the movie. Loved the book, love Baz Luhrmann, and the last time I wanted to see a movie he did that DiCaprio was in, I had to watch it with my mom ... at age 12 ... because she didn't want me watching PG-13 movies unsupervised. Aaawwwwwkward! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should absolutely go see it!! LOL at awkward movies with parents :) Good times :)

      Delete

Let's talk!