taking stock XI

10:33 AM


I can't believe it's been a full year since I've done one of these! I used to be better about doing them four times a year, but last year was crazy so here we are! 
So happy Sunday friends! It's a dreary but sadly humid one here. The kids woke us up at 6:30 so we've already had our breakfast, cleaned up and now they're playing with some homemade play dough while I watch my newest obsession - The Great British Baking Show!! So let's get to it!

making: anything and everything with apples! last week it was my pumpkin apple bread, today I'm planning on making an apple pie to go with dinner. 

cooking: in the slow cooker. I've already done chili, beef stew and chicken enchiladas. Now I'm bookmarking some ideas for this week. Like this autumnal pot roast!

drinking: apple cider. But only from an orchard. So there's only another month or so left to enjoy one of my favorite beverages. 

wanting: a pasta attachment for my mixer. I think I'm finally brave enough to give it a try! All these cooking shows are making me think I can do hard things!

looking: at houses. Still. Someone help me. 

wasting: bread crusts. All Birdie wants for lunch every day is a sandwich and of course no crusts allowed! So I am filling up our compost can with sandwich crusts all week long!

wishing: it would get cold already. Seriously!! I'm dying for sweaters, kiddos in pointy wool hats and a truly chilly breeze. 

enjoying: my one on one time with Teddy! We've finally all gotten into a good rhythm and I relish our time together. He'll be starting school next year so I'm not taking any of our time for granted. 

waiting: on autumn. I wait for it all year long and now that we're almost here I'm getting impatient! 

liking: the idea of growing out Birdie's bangs. She's had them since she was three and I think it's time for something new. 

wondering: what being "back in school" is going to feel like. It's been so long since I've had to write a paper! It's just like riding a bike right?

loving: all the sweet little pictures, notes and worksheets Birdie brings home every day. Makes me feel like I'm getting a little peek into her day!

hoping: that the transition from SAHM to student will go fairly smoothly for all of us. 

marveling: at just how big our kiddos have gotten. They're tall, articulate, patient (WHAT??) and just so freaking fun to be around. This new stage is just as wonderful as everyone predicted! 

needing: to make Teddy's halloween costume. He wants to be a robot. I'm going to have my hands full...

smelling: orange and cinnamon. I finally bit the bullet and bought an essential oil diffuser and I am having so much fun mixing scents! 

wearing: these divine pajamas. Target you really outdid yourself this time. They are buttery soft, perfectly cut and the print is the sweetest thing. You cannot beat these! And I got the matching pants too! 

listening: to the new Lumineers song. Their music always puts me in the best mood!

noticing: that the sun is setting earlier and earlier every day. It's the one thing I don't like about fall. Looking forward to daylight savings time!

knowing: that where I am is exactly where I need to be right now! This is new and it feels good!

thinking: about school. Not knowing what to expect is always a stress trigger for me. 

feeling: happy. Grateful. Content. 

bookmarking: recipes. Always. Autumn is when my baking obsession hits a feverish pitch and I'm always looking to try and learn something new!

opening: a new box of tea and inhaling the intoxicating scent! My new favorite is the Harney & Sons Vanilla tea. 

giggling: over Teddy's new habit of saying "excelsior!" constantly. A new word he picked up from Ready! Jet! Go! his favorite show. 

You Might Also Like

0 notes

Let's talk!