Now that we've been calling Atlanta home for over a year I thought it would be a good time to put together a little city guide of sorts. Not a comprehensive list by any means but just a few of our favorite spots that would be perfect to explore if you only had a day or two in the city. Forgive, my feeble attempts at painting. Birdie and I have been painting together a lot lately and I suppose you could say I got inspired to give it a try!
- Sublime Doughnuts: Kevin and I consider ourselves donut conossieurs and we have tried our fair share from all over the US (California, NYC, Boston, DC and across the south) but nothing, absolutely nothing compares to these.
- Atlanta Botanical Gardens: We actually own passes now because of how much we've enjoyed coming here. In the summer there's a beautiful splash pad in the children's garden which is a blast for the kids no matter what time of year you go. Even on a frigid day they have a great indoor exhibit complete with a cacti garden on the roof!
- Jeni's Ice Cream: Let me just tell you this - it totally lives up to the hype. Every flavor combination is impeccable and I really think they have the best cones around! It's in the Westside Provision District too so you can spend an entire afternoon exploring all the cute shops and restaurants around.
- The High Museum of Art: We've been here a few times and they always have a really memorable exhibit in addition to the fantastic mainstays. And we've always found really convenient street parking even on weekends.
- Le Fat: Out of all the restaurants we've tried in the city Le Fat completely stole our hearts. The atmosphere is to die for (inside and out), the service has been so warm and attentive every time and the food... Let me just say that I have rarely experienced such exciting and new flavor combinations. It will be a meal to remember! I promise! Make sure to try the Bo Luc Lac - insane!
- Chrome Yellow Trading Company: This is both a coffee shop and retail store and the perfect way to spend a weekend morning. Come in and share a cup of coffee and scone and then drool over all the beautiful wares they have including some of my favorite brands like Ace & Jig and Pendleton.
- The Merchant: I've many times completely lost track of time inside this charming store. They have everything from stationary, to home decor to bath products and everything is so well curated and beautiful. Their staff is so warm and helpful too and I'm always itching to pay them another visit and see what's new!
And here are just a few more places you may want to visit:
- Krog Street Market: full of amazing vendors and places to eat
- Superica: delicious tex-mex fare
- Julianna's Crepes: most gorgeous, secluded spot in charming Inman Park
- Shake Shack: obviously
- Taqueria Del Sol: my favorite tacos
- The General Muir: a perfect brunch spot with the best sandwiches around!
- Lusca: amazing seafood and a beautiful setting
- Seed Factory: the most darling children's store
- Ponce City Market: an amazing new shopping development that has everything, literally!
- Brick + Mortar: for one of a kind vintage pieces
- Paris on Ponce: amazing selection of unique shops
- Piedmont Park
- Martin Luther Kind Jr. Historic site
- Atlanta Beltline
- CNN Center