80s Circus Girl

6:35 AM

sweater - Madewell, jeans - A&F, socks & watch - Target, shoes - Steve Madden (old), bobbi - ban.do

Usually I like to stalk my purchases for a few weeks before I buy them, just to make sure we're really meant to be. This sweater was a different story. I was just about to rush out of Madewell when I spied with my little eye something ever so pretty peeking out of a rack. I pulled it out and oh my it was even better than the quarter of it I first saw! It was so George Michael, so "Sussudio," it was the 80s but elevated. So I bought it. Right there. On the spot. Didn't even try it on for size. Also? Best purchase ever. It has not left my body since Sunday. 
...
I gotta be honest with you guys... sometimes this whole mama/work/wife/person thing wears me out. I'm loving it all, I really am. And I'm having fun too, doing it all. But sometimes I feel like I'm one of those cows we see so often around here that is just dead asleep standing up. The feed, play, emails, eat, work, play, dishes, feed, play, emails, baths, work, feed, play, emails, cook, eat, feed, play, work... It does a number on me. It reminds me of that line from a trailer for a movie that I didn't see, wow that was a really long explanation, in which one new mum says to her friend: "Why don't they tell you it's this hard???" and her friend replies "Actually, that's exactly what they tell you." It's just a lot of doing stuff. And it's weird that the only down time I really get is in my sleep. The days of "vegging" out sure are gone. 
So to all my fellow mamas: y'all rock!! And this reminds me - lets not be so hard on each other. We're all doing our best so if anything lets spread love, even if it is in our sleep (hey even the "idea" of spreading love is better than nothing right?!).

You Might Also Like

20 notes

  1. I found you via What Would a Nerd Wear on Pinterest, and I am LOVING this outfit, especially those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I'm the same way about purchases...wait a while, make sure it's exactly what I want and worth the price tag. But man, that sweater is gorgeous and perfect for a quick purchase. :) I second your sentiment on spreading the love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This posts is exactly why I read your blog....so honest, genuine and just lovely. That Birdie is lucky to have you as her Momma. I know exactly what you mean about feeling like a cow as a fellow Momma of 2 (2.5 year old and 5 month old) and you are right, only downtime is in your sleep....except even that is interrupted by nursing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH Sandy. You are so sweet :). And you are my hero! Two under two?! Go you!! xo

      Delete
  4. This is such a cute outfit! Comfy and put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when bloggers get "real" and admit the grind of day-to-day. So often times the pictures we share showcase the perfect, the happy, the put-together (because who wants to share ugly pictures?!) and it's easy to fall into that trap of believing a blogger has a perfect, perfectly put-together life! We all have rough moments, days, weeks, etc. It's nice to know even the prettiest bloggers (yes, you!) have "ugly" moments just like the rest of us :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest! Thank you so much! It isn't always easy but it's always worth it :) Kisses to your sweet family!

      Delete
  6. Now that's a lovely outfit!
    AND I love that you actually stalk my purchases for a few weeks before you buy them. How responsible!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I wasn't always this responsible but I've gotten better :) xo

      Delete
  7. i too, am a stalker. a few weeks, almost a month, to be very sure. as for all the roles you're playing - it sounds incredibly tiring yet also fulfilling. and you seem mostly happy, your husband seems mostly happy, your baby seems mostly happy - so remember that. you are doing a good job, and you, too, rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Colleen! I so appreciate it :). And it is completely and wonderfully fulfilling! xo

      Delete
  8. You look lovely! I am a total shop stalker too. That or I carry things around the store with me for an hour, no cart, just in my arms, and by the end I usually put them back unless I truly deeply madly live them. It's a good system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes! Absolutely! The best system :) xo

      Delete
  9. You look adorable! I love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds exhausting!! You're doing great and you look great! What's your job (other than being a mamma)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) it's SO worth it though :). Thank you so much for the sweet words! I work for a small non-profit. xo

      Delete

Let's talk!