Birdie at two months

9:52 AM

Our darling girl is two months old. And not only has she grown in size but the space in our hearts where she resides has grown too. Admittedly it is not something I ever thought was possible as the  moment she was born it felt like she filled up every nook and cranny of my heart. My daddy said something this weekend that perfectly sums up all the changes that have taken place over the last month - he looked at her and said "she really is yours now." I completely understand what he means. We now know what every cry, wimper, smile, grunt or coo means. We know that the panda rattle can keep her smiling for up to an hour. We know that she prefers for you to hold her on the sofa rather than the bed. We know that the changing table is her favorite spot in the house. And we know exactly what she looks like when she's actually sound asleep. 
She is an absolute joy to be around but there remains one moment in particular that I look forward to every day. Every morning I wake up to her coos over the baby monitor and some mornings I really am too tired and would give an arm and a leg for just another hour of sleep. I trudge over to her room and then the moment our eyes lock, when I'm standing over her crib, she gives me the biggest smile I've ever seen... and I am done. The tiredness melts away and I scoop her up in my arms and never want to let her go. 
Happy two month birthday my darling angel! You're mama's whole world!







You Might Also Like

6 notes

  1. so sweet. love hearing about how you've gotten to know her and how, even at such a young age we start we develop likes and dislikes and whatnot. enjoy your little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful! that first picture might be the most adorable thing in the world! also i love you heart hair thingy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss V looks so cute in yellow! All the pictures are just lovely and I like the ones with Papa Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love your ladies matching outfits! I fully plan on matching my outfits with my little girl one day :)
    <3 Kastles
    www.kastles.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ladies are so cute in your matching yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! Yellow is her color for sure :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!