updated beauty routine1:14 PM
The last time I did a beauty post was over FOUR years ago! Now to be fair not everything has changed but a lot has and it seems fitting that I did an overhaul right around my 30th birthday (are you sick of hearing about that yet?? lol, I am so obsessed, I don't know why it's bothering me so much). I got new brushes, finally, and invested in products I had previously thought superfluous but are actually total game changers. So here it is:
- Kiehl's ultra facial cream: I've been using this for close to ten years and have no plans of stopping. It's perfect, period.
- Nars light reflecting setting powder: Not sure how I ever applied makeup before this. Takes away shine, makes my skin baby soft, sets everything and gives me a nice glow too!
- Nars lipstick in Niagara: I swear I've been hunting for the perfect "Audrey Hepburn pink" my entire life and I this comes pretty darn close.
- Trish McEvoy instant eye lift: I had my makeup professionally done this past summer and this is something the makeup artist introduced me to. I know guard this tube with my life. For someone with awful hereditary dark circles this thing is GIVING ME LIFE.
- Mario Badescu glycolic foaming cleanser: another product I've been using for years and years and it is my absolute favorite cleanser. It may be a little harsh for some but I have very oily skin and so can safely use it twice a day.
- Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer: another one of my "can't live without." I despise foundations that I can feel sitting on my face. Once I blend in my little blob every morning I forget I'm wearing anything. And it has sunscreen in it which is such a plus! One less step!
- Diorshiow mascara: probably my "desert island" must have. I've tried them all and yet I always come back to this. Borderline fake lashes every time. LOVE.
- YSL touche eclat: apparently there's some controversy about using this as a concealer but I have yet to find anything that works better and I adore the built in brush. Once again it's all about speed here.
- Too Faced bronzer: I have had a few really, really bad experiences when I have tried other bronzers (rashes and peeling skin, yikes!!) so I continue to buy this one because I love how subtle it is and it doesn't make my face melt.
So that pretty much covers it! I should mention that I am one of those unlucky individuals that has pretty atrocious adult acne but I suppose there can be worse problems to have so I try not to complain too much. For those curious though I tried spironolactone and hated it. Right now my dermatologist has me on a whole cocktail of differin, aczone and clyndomycin. So far I feel like the differin makes the biggest impact but we'll see how I do in a few more months. If anyone else out there has some secret snake oil formula I'm all ears. I'm so desperate!