valya kids aw17

10:22 AM


I can barely believe it's that time of year again... time for our Valya Kids autumn/winter collection to launch! It's also almost been a year since I started this journey and I've found myself feeling very emotional lately... This "baby" of mine has been one of the most challenging things I've ever attempted to do. I've been pushed to my breaking point but I've also grown and learned so much. It's been a wondrous experience.
One of the most difficult things for me hast been to continually trust my own voice, my own vision. It's all too easy to get sidetracked by "what's in style" or what "most people like." But as Kevin coached me this past spring as I worked on this collection - I have to make clothes that I love, that my children love and just hope that everyone else sees the beauty in them too. And I've found it incredibly liberating to just build a collection from my heart based on what I see as beautiful, comfortable and fun.
I wanted to thank my family and friends for their stalwart support of me these last few months. It hasn't been easy but all the hand holding, shoulder crying and kind texts when I needed them the most have warmed my heart and have given me confidence that I so desperately need. So thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Below I'd like to share some of my favorite images from our shoot! We worked with the incredible Sarah Culver for the shoot and this woman worked absolute magic on set! Can you even believe these images?!! We're in love! The collection launches at noon EST today! Would love it if you could take a look.




You Might Also Like

0 notes

Let's talk!