a book list 2.9.1712:56 PM
Here are the ones I have read so far:
- Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path by Erin Loechner - I loved this book beyond compare. I've been following Erin's story since my early tumblr days and I've always loved her honesty, kindness and openness. This book was like tagging along with her on her journey of growth, acceptance and change. I read it all in one sitting and I found myself laughing, crying and nodding my head more times than I can count. Such a wonderful reminder to always seek out what is true, everlasting and meaningful in life.
- Upstream: Selected Essays by Mary Oliver - I haven't quite finished this book as I'm choosing to savor it - reading a little bit at a time and letting all that goodness soak into my bones. It's a beautiful calming read and I couldn't recommend it enough. Every line is quotable.
- No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel - so many of you recommended this book to us and what I'll say here is that it's a total GAME CHANGER. I have so much more to say about it and I think I'll save that for a separate post. But if you are struggling with disciplining toddlers I urge you to get a copy as soon as possible!
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron - last year was incredibly difficult for our family. This book and Chodron's simple, honest and kind words are healing for my heart and soul.
- Rework by Jason Fried - highly recommend this book for anyone thinking of becoming an entrepreneur or anyone who already is. Jason gets right to the point and helps keep you moving, growing and creating in a way that feels true and energizing. Love it!!
And here's the list of the ones I'm still waiting to get to:
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance
- The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking
- Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
What about you? What have you loved thus far? What have you heard great things about?