Birdie comes home

9:24 AM

Our darling Valentina arrived into this world at 2:30 am on a Tuesday, her due date to be exact. The hours and days at the hospital were an exhausting blur and we couldn't wait to bring her home. Everything felt better, easier at home and we all fell into a routine. I'll never forget carrying her up the steps to the deck for the first time, introducing her to the home she'll grown up in, take her first steps in... 
My parents arrived on Friday bearing balloons, bouquets of flowers and sparkling grape juice (for me). Mum made us plov and they both marveled at our brand new baby girl. It was a wonderful, emotional and joyous time.
I love waking up to this sweet face every morning.
I love the way she smells.
I love the funny faces she makes and her smiles (even if they're supposedly not "really" smiles).
I love how much she needs us and one day I hope to tell her how much we really need her.
I still have moments where I can't even believe she's ours. 

I will never forget feeling her body squirming on my chest for the first time...
I will never forget the way finally feeling her took my breath away...
I will never forget when the last nurse left & we turned down the lights & papa wrapped his arms around his new family and said the most beautiful prayer entrusting us all into God's arms...
I still can feel tears welling up in my eyes when I go back to those moments.
She is the biggest blessing we have ever been gifted. 

You Might Also Like

7 notes

  1. What a precious Christmas present. Happy to read you're all safe home.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come see her soooo much! You guys have the most precious little family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So touching, this entry brought tears to my eyes. She is precious, your family is precious, your memories are precious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lady she is precious! Isn't it the most incredible feeling to be home with baby?

    Out boy was born at home a week ago today, but had to spend a lot of time in the docs office and hospital getting tests for his jaundice. We got the all clear yesterday and are home.

    I'm not sure if you will posting your birth story, I can't wait to read it if you do, I just finished ours today:

    http://thulalaland.tumblr.com/post/38516206786/it-might-seem-crazy-that-im-here-writing-out-our

    Sending you best wishes.

    xTL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is so sweet- I had tears in my eyes when I finished <3
    Congratulations on Valentina's safe arrival. She is so beautiful and what a lovely name!
    p.s. your pajamas are very cute with the gold polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweetheart - i am glad these first few days have been filled with so much joy, even though i know it can be exhausting. and yes, i too love your jam jams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much my darlings!! Your kind words warmed my heart. This has truly been the best Christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!