goodbye summer hello fall!

9:17 AM




The PSL banner was proudly displayed at our local Starbucks this morning and though the artwork beckoned me to give it one more try last year's toothache was still too fresh in my mind (SO.MUCH.SUGAR). There was the slightest nip in the air and I ordered my first latte of this autumn season. And although the temperatures are stubbornly remaining in the high 80's for the rest of the week I am steadfastly marching into autumn. I'm all about the pumpkin this and that and I'm trying to find any excuse to wear the deliciously soft scarf I picked up at Zara this weekend. 
And speaking of autumn I thought I would throw together some items that I am loving for this fall. We're still doing drawstring pants since I'm (ahem) still pregnant (HOW???) but obviously these would look darling with or without a bump. And as for the jacket I picked up a similar one on sale last year at Old Navy for less than the cost of a venti pumpkin spice latte and I wore it non-stop. Can't wait to dust it off as soon as it gets cold enough! Which by the way, my fellow Atlanta residents - when is that???

You Might Also Like

6 notes

  1. Tell me about it! This week is still fairly warm here in London... Excuse me United Kingdom... I moved here in the hopes of cold, lovely, Autumney weather and you have not delivered over Summer! Who knew London gets stinking hot! (Answer: me, but a year too late!)

    These are some cute selections. I love the brown coat. I bought myself the most amazing vintage suede coat in a rusty brown colour which I sadly had to leave back home in Aus during the move but I can't wait to have it back in my arms again some day...!

    Jemima x

    http://jemimajaneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yikes!! Hopefully you get some of that soon! Oooh! That coat sounds darling! We've been getting some serious rainstorms lately but sadly they have not done much as far as cooling things down :( xoxo

      Delete
  2. I am loving the drawstring slouchy pant trend...it gives me the excuse to feel like I'm wearing pajamas all day! : ) And regarding PSL, have you tried just a single-pump in your latte...I also find it too sweet, but one pump lends a nice spicey slightly sweet flavor. Starbucks tends to over-do it with the syrups (surprise sruprise!), but they will do less if you ask them. I actually like to add a pump of PSL to my chai. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!! So cute! Oh that is a GREAT suggestion! I might just have to give that a try this week! Wishing you a great one! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I have lived in the ATL for the past 15 years and it can stay warm here up until Halloween sometimes. It doesn't get or stay cold for very long. I love it but I tend to love warm weather after growing up in New England. kas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boo!! I guess I'll just have to sweat it out in my fall clothes ;) And I probably won't be needing all those puffy coats I packed from our life in VA...

      Delete

Let's talk!