easy mushroom soup

10:16 AM

My theory is that good ingredients make cooking easy and so when I spotted these gorgeous mushrooms at the farmer's market this weekend I knew I would have a meal in the bag. Mushroom soup is one of my favorite soups to make, mainly because it's just so easy! So here is my easy as pie mushroom soup recipe:

one leek, halved and chopped
half a stick of butter
two tablespoons of oil
two cups of mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
three garlic cloves, minced
four cups of chicken or vegetable stock
one cup of water
one and a half cups of heavy cream
salt to taste
fresh dill to garnish

Melt the butter and add leeks. Saute on medium high heat for ten minutes. Add garlic and saute on medium for two to three minutes, don't let the garlic burn. Add mushrooms and oil and salt (add a little at a time and taste). Saute on medium for another ten minutes. Once the mushrooms soften up add the chicken stock and water. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid and put on low heat. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Check for salt, add more if necessary. Add heavy cream and turn the heat up to medium high and stir the cream until combined and the soup looks silky. Take off heat and serve. Garnish with some chopped dill. 

I tell you there is nothing better than a bowl of this on a cold blustery autumn day!

*I said easy a lot here. What can I say? I'm lazy when it comes to cooking so easy is my favorite word :).



You Might Also Like

0 notes

Let's talk!